View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:17 am

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Borland Not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  |  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:23 am
Site Admin

mileshanley wrote:
I changed the NET DIR and the AvoBAseDB "Path" is correct.

Ok, the NET directory is correct. The Database directory is correct. The INI file is pointing at the correct database.

Can you now run AvoBase?

mileshanley
Post  Post subject: Re: Borland Not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  |  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 am

It runs. I will navigate the program to see how it works. Thanks for your patience and all your assistance.

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Borland Not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  |  Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 am
Site Admin

mileshanley wrote:
It runs. I will navigate the program to see how it works. Thanks for your patience and all your assistance.

YES! WOOHOO!!!

Alright! Let me know how it goes!

steven
Post  Post subject: Re: Borland Not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  |  Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Since you are running 64-bit Vista there are a few additional pieces of information that the install guide needs to have.

The correct location of the registry key on WIndows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Borland

Windows 7 64-bit shows all 32-bit and 64-bit control panel on the same window. Windows Vista 64-bit shows 32-bit control panel items in a separate area, go into Show 32-bit Control Panel Items in Control Panel and you will find the BDE Administrator applet.

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Borland Not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  |  Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:07 am
Site Admin

steven wrote:
Since you are running 64-bit Vista there are a few additional pieces of information that the install guide needs to have.

The correct location of the registry key on WIndows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Borland

Windows 7 64-bit shows all 32-bit and 64-bit control panel on the same window. Windows Vista 64-bit shows 32-bit control panel items in a separate area, go into Show 32-bit Control Panel Items in Control Panel and you will find the BDE Administrator applet.

Thank you very much Steven, I appreciate it. I have Vista and Windows 7, and XP, but not the 64 bit versions of it.

I will add it to the installation guide that is up for download, and the guide I've placed here in the forums.

Cheers,

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Borland Not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  |  Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:59 am
Site Admin

This thread is now locked as AvoBase 2 no longer requires any extra methods to run.