View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:26 am

ilandgrl
Post  Post subject: Customer Discounts  |  Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:38 pm

I started to use AvoBase and I haven't found how to add a 10% discount to certain customers invoices - preferably AFTER state sales tax has been calculated. Also, is there a way to add a 10% discount to only certain items within an order off the 'Sell At' price and not the Retail Cost? I use these discounts often as incentives so it's very important I have a way to incorporate them into the invoices.

Thank you!

Kim

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Customer Discounts  |  Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 pm
Site Admin

Retail price is what you paid for the item - sell at is what you want to charge the customer.

At this time I don't have a "discount entire invoice" option as everything is calculated at line item - not invoice total. I have considered this but it would do it all by line item - and overwrite anything you already had set.

ilandgrl wrote:
I started to use AvoBase and I haven't found how to add a 10% discount to certain customers invoices - preferably AFTER state sales tax has been calculated.

There is no way to discount the invoice after sales tax has been calculated. If you are discounting this way then you have no way of properly knowing how much tax you collected. It makes your cash basis books off.

ilandgrl wrote:
is there a way to add a 10% discount to only certain items within an order off the 'Sell At' price and not the Retail Cost?

On each line item there is an orange gear wheel under the line item #. Click that and you can do a quick 10-90% off or you can put in the exact amount you want to discount it at. The "Sale" icon will appear any time you are charging less than retail cost. Of course this is not off the "Sale At" price, this is off the "Retail Price". At this time I do not have a way to discount the Sale At Price only the Retail Price'.

ilandgrl
Post  Post subject: Re: Customer Discounts  |  Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 am

Do you have any plans to add discounts off the sell at price? I like my customers to see the amount of discount that they are receiving like any other retail store and it will almost always be off the sell at price that I discount. If I sold at a discount off the retail cost I would lose money ;)

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Customer Discounts  |  Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:23 pm
Site Admin

ilandgrl wrote:
Do you have any plans to add discounts off the sell at price? I like my customers to see the amount of discount that they are receiving like any other retail store and it will almost always be off the sell at price that I discount. If I sold at a discount off the retail cost I would lose money ;)

In talking with my wife who sales Stampin-Up, Scentsy and Avon with AvoBase - she is puzzled as well at taking a percentage off the Sell At Price.

Again, the Retail Price is what you paid for the item. This is for your records to know how much you spent on your business.

The Sell At Price is what you choose to sell to the Customer. Anything less than Retail is in fact a discount. To discount the Sell At Price again doesn't make sense. But I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

On the Invoice there is an option to show discounts. If the item is $10 Retail and you sell at $5 - and you have this option checked - then the invoice will show Retail $5 - Sell at $5 - and state "50% Off!" This way it is not showing the customer what price you paid for it - only what price they are getting it for. Of course, the $5 for $5 doesn't show $2.50, you just get $5.

So the line would look like this:

# QTY DESC DISCOUNT COST TOTAL
###-#### QTY - DESCRIPTION 50% Off! 5.00 5.00

Are you looking at this from the opposite side?

$10 Retail Cost - $12.50 Sell At Cost -> and then discount the $12.50 to say $11.00 and then make the customer think the cost was an actual sale?

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Customer Discounts  |  Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:19 am
Site Admin

I have started work on this.

There will be three fields:

Your Cost - The cost you paid for the item
Retail Cost - The cost you are displaying to the customer (MSRP in effect)
Sell At Cost - The cost you are selling to the customer

Discounts will still be based between Sell At and Retail. Reports will be changed to reflect YCost rather than RCost as basis for General Ledger Transactions.

Will be a week or two before it is done as I am also working on a Product Import for one of my Scentsy customers.