View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:29 am

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara
Post  Post subject: New Computer  |  Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:06 am

Hi, I just recently bought a new computer and have Windows 7 now instead of XP Pro. How can I get my customer lists etc from the old computer to the new one. Where are they located? I can't seem to find them on the old computer. Thanks for the help :oops:

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:07 am

oh, also I have a new address. How do I change that?

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:12 pm
Site Admin

All you have to do is install a brand new version of AvoBase on your new computer.

Then, go to your old computer and simply copy the entire c:\AvoBase directory (and everything inside of it) to your NEW computer - overwriting the existing c:\AvoBase directory.

To get a new updated address, email support@avobase.com and I will send you an update key.

Let me know how if the copy-over worked.

Cheers,

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:07 pm

nope, not really. I have all of the things I need for avobase to run properly with the new computer, but all my product lists, customer lists etc won't copy. Says that it can't copy these files. ???? I'm clueless about that. And I'm decent with a computer.
I will send you an email shortly so that I can update my home address on the reg. thanks. :D

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:45 pm
Site Admin

That's no problem, I understand.

Does your old computer still work? Do you have a thumb drive?

If both above are true, do you know how to open a Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), browse to your C:\AvoBase directory and copy all of the files onto a thumb drive?

Then, go to your new computer, open a Windows Explorer, browse to C:\AvoBase and copy the files directly over. You can just copy the files in C:\AvoBase\Database to your new computer - same directory - C:\AvoBsae\Database.

All of your Product Lists and Customer Lists are sitting in c:\AvoBase\Database. If you can copy all of the files in that directory onto a thumb drive, then copy them from your thumb drive to your new computer - over-writing the files - you will get all of your data back.

Don't worry, we'll keep at this until things get working the way you want.

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:30 am

Ok. The old computer works but has been dismantled. I am going to have to plug it all back in again. I can do that. Just give me a day or so. Also, on the new computer, now it says avobase is unregistered!!!! Ha! So, I am not sure what happened there....but ok. Yes, I have a thumb drive (little usb thingy) yup. I will do that. Thanks. I will let you know how that goes.

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 am
Site Admin

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara wrote:
Ok. The old computer works but has been dismantled. I am going to have to plug it all back in again. I can do that. Just give me a day or so. Also, on the new computer, now it says avobase is unregistered!!!! Ha! So, I am not sure what happened there....but ok. Yes, I have a thumb drive (little usb thingy) yup. I will do that. Thanks. I will let you know how that goes.

Right - you need to place your key file into the c:\avobase directory - and it will be fully registered.

Did you email support@avobase.com to get a new key for your new address? Let me know and I'll get it out to you right away.

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 am

yup i did send mail to support@avobase.com
Also, before I dismantled the compu...I did copy the avobase files to a cd, most of them copied fine except for the databases, and the key code was in there, and now, it says there is no key code. ??? What happened?

AvoAdmin
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:55 am
Site Admin

Can you find the registration email with the key attached to it? Save it to your c:\avobase directory?

Tonight I'll make sure I get you a new key. I just checked support@avobase.com and didn't see your email - but I'll get you a new key anyway just to make sure you're running.

If you *do* have a .key file in your c:\avobase directory, then just click on the "Configure" button (on the top menu) go to the key page, and click "Find Key", point it at your .key file and it should then work.

Jaime Lurvey-Guevara
Post  Post subject: Re: New Computer  |  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:31 pm

ok, I will give it a try.... :D